Manchester bound Monarch Airlines, refused to allow jet to take off, until two British Asian Men are thrown out off Plane. What a sad day, the people got scared by two Men because they were talking in Arabic, so talking in Arabic is terrorism now? I do understand since 9/11 the world has changed for ever, hate towards each other has increased. New terms come in our dictionary Islam phobia. This sort of act does show that Islam phobia has been present in western culture.
“Mutiny as passengers refuse to fly until Asians are removed. Passengers refuse to allow holiday jet to take off until two Asian men are thrown off plane. British holidaymakers staged an unprecedented mutiny – refusing to allow their flight to take off until two men they feared were terrorists were forcibly removed”
For full article, Please vistit here
Islam phobia definition.
There many definitions have been put forward for word called Islam phobia.
The Runnymede Trust has identified eight components that they say define Islamophobia.
This definition, from the 1997 document ‘Islamophobia: A Challenge For Us All’ is widely accepted, including by the European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia.
The eight components are:
1) Islam is seen as a monolithic bloc, static and unresponsive to change.
2) Islam is seen as separate and ‘other’. It does not have values in common with other cultures, is not affected by them and does not influence them.
3) Islam is seen as inferior to the West. It is seen as barbaric, irrational, primitive and sexist.
4) Islam is seen as violent, aggressive, threatening, supportive of terrorism and engaged in a ‘clash of civilisations’.
5) Islam is seen as a political ideology and is used for political or military advantage.
6) Criticisms made of the West by Islam are rejected out of hand.
7) Hostility towards Islam is used to justify discriminatory practices towards Muslims and exclusion of Muslims from mainstream society.
8) Anti-Muslim hostility is seen as natural or normal.
By looking this sort of act and things, I guess Muslims leader must start doing some thing sensible and positive instead of complaining about government policies. They should tell and send out the messages to all young Muslims that it’s about time that people started treating themselves as citizen of thier respective country first and foremost. Then put religions into second or lower ranking. When ever I traveled to any Islamic countries, I do respect their tradition and culture, so I expect the same should apply to Muslims in Western countries.
They have to earn faith, else anyone look like Asian appearance will be treated as Terrorist.
Leave a comment
No comments yet.